Post 16 Pathways
City Futures Pathway
Highfield Post 16 City Futures, 28 Westgate, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF1 1JY
Tel: 01924 376756
Highfield Post 16 Futures, Penny Appeal Campus, Thornes Park, Wakefield, WF2 8QZ
Tel: 01924 806146
Moving On Pathway
Highfield Post 16 Moving On, Gawthorpe Lane, Ossett , Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF5 9BS
Tel: 01924 264240
- City Futures: Within this pathway students will gain the opportunities to consolidate and transfer the skills learnt on the futures pathway in our off-site provision, based in the city centre. We aim to provide a discovery of employment by:
- Providing an opportunity to develop and discover employment skills in a real work place setting
- Educating and inspiring all students and families to develop the desire and resilience for work.
Students will also access further educational establishments through the year, preparing for their next steps into further education
Students will also follow accredited NOCN qualifications and continue to work through functional skills in English and Maths
- Futures: Within this pathway, students will further develop their independent life and work skills, and plan for work, Students will follow the NOCN suite of qualifications in Independent Living, and, skills for employability, training, personal development, and Using Employability Skills. All students have opportunities to engage in meaningful community experiences such as shopping, visiting public amenities, travel training, internal work, and external work experience. Students will partake in enterprise schemes to enable them to learn more about the world of work.
Students will also continue to work through functional skills in English and Maths
- Moving on: Within this pathway we will follow the EQUALS Moving On curriculum. The curriculum specifications form a comprehensive package appropriate to the needs of young people aged 16+ and adults with additional needs. They comprise a breadth of relevant and stimulating learning opportunities, which can be used to address pupils’ individual objectives and prepare young people for adult life. Courses of Study include: World Studies, Independent Living and Vocational Skills as well as Literacy, Numeracy and ICT, where appropriate. The Moving On curriculum also offers a breadth of experience within which pupils’ Personal Learning Goals (PLGs) can be focused on.
A key focus is on community and careers education. All Students have opportunities to engage in meaningful community experiences, these include trips into our local community, internal community experience and external community experience to different places of work and interest.